I am a Birth and Post Natal doula, supporting families in Essex, Suffolk, Herts and Greater London. I believe in Calm, confident birth and parenting.
Research has shown that a constant supportive presence throughout labour results in:
- 50% reduction in caesarean rates
- 25% shorter labour
- 60% reduction in epidural requests
- 40% reduction in Syntocinon use
- 30% reduction in analgesia use
- 40% reduction in forceps delivery
From Klaus & Klaus's The Doula Book (2002).
'You are a birth servant. Do good without show or fuss. If you must take the lead, lead so that the mother is helped, yet still free and in charge. When the baby is born, they will rightly say: ‘We did it ourselves!’ - from the Tao Te Ching